Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hygienic kah??

talking about hygiene...Islam really stress on hygiene...but, I wonder why...Malaysian Muslims and Muslimah really take this for granted...
I am very dissapointed...
this Ramadhan, almost every night I would go to my neighbourhood surau to perform Terawih prayer...
and sometimes, I need to go to the loo (because I drank 100 litres of water during berbuka, serve your right zila)...what makes me feel uncomfortable and disgusted is the "very-the-kotor-toilet"...
Surau is the holy place...the place for us Muslims to perform prayer...the place of gathering..the place of worshiping...how can the washroom be sssssoooooo unhygienic and disgusting....

this scenario is not only seen in my new neighbourhood here in Johor, but can be seen throughout Malaysia...
I've travelled to many places around Malaysia...Selangor, Terengganu, Kelantan, Melaka, Negri Sembilan, Penang, Sarawak..not forgotten to Brunei....
what can I say....
almost 90% of the mosques that I've gone were ssooo dirty (I'm not talking about the washroom only)...This is not right...why???
As Muslims, we cannot take hygienic matter for granted...we need to be comfortable when performing prayers...so that we would feel the sweetness of worshiping...let's take Brunei as an example...(I know, it's a rich country, but they are Muslims too)... I've been to the mosques there (the small and the big one), it was sooo clean that I felt like I can stay there for few hours without feeling disgusted or uncomfortable...why we, as Malaysian Muslims can't be just like them???

this is sooo embarassing...what if Muslims from other countries go to our mosques and see this pathetic scenario of our mosques?? isn't that gonna leave bad impression???
think!

No comments:

Post a Comment